Liebster Award given to Potentially Disruptive by Billie at Ireland, MS and Me
I was recently nominated for a Liebster Award. It basically means “lovely” in German, but also — sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. It’s an award for up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. I’m honored to have been nominated for it. Thank you to Billie, a truly inspirational blogger over at Ireland, MS and Me, for the nomination. Be sure to check her out — the girl LOVES Ireland! And, as the definition reads, “welcome” to my blog and I hope you find yourself “welcome” at the blogs I’ve nominated at the end of this post. Check them out, too!
Here are the Liebster Rules:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
11 Facts about Me:
1. I’m a third generation foster kid who has broken the cycle
2. I like popcorn popped in coconut oil
3. When I was a toddler I had long curly hair and people thought I was a girl
4. These days I have very little hair on my head — it’s mostly on my back
5. I’m a caveman
6. I think I’m superman
7. The Mega Stuff Oreo is the only Oreo I don’t pull apart to eat
8. I like alcohol but not drunks (sorry to any of you reading)
9. I’m originally from California but now live in Texas
10. I’m always striving to be a better husband and father
11. My wife says I might be lying about #10
11 Questions Answered:
1. What does blogging mean to you?
2. Does everyone you know love the idea of you putting your words out there in the blogging world?
No. Not really. A lot of my subject matter is touchy to my inner-circles.
3. If you could be published, would you write things you do not stand behind?
4. If you could return or go to college, would you pick the same subjects you initially studied?
I only took two classes at a community college — volleyball and weight lifting. At the time it was cheaper than a gym membership. I always wanted to be a yogi, but there just wasn’t enough punching and kicking involved. Seriously though, information is pretty much free now. You can learn anything you want these days.
5. What do books mean to you?
Thoughts from the greats.
6. Did blogging change your mindset about life, i.e. do you look at yourself the same way you did before starting a blog?
It’s been a huge paradigm shift. Thoughts and information can now be shared freely. There’s not some old man in a suit deciding which ideas are good and which are bad. People get to decide that for themselves.
7. Who is your favorite author and why?
Kahlil Gibran. His words are like honey.
8. Did life turn out the way you thought it would?
Nope. No way. When I was little I thought I would be a bank robber.
9. Aside from blogging, what other interests do you have?
Pretty much any outdoor activity with my family, playing chess and coaching soccer.
10. Do you want to be inspirational or be inspired yourself?
That’s like reading or writing — which would you choose? The two ideas are intertwined. To be inspirational and to be inspired are one in the same. And I actively participate in both.
11. Fun fact: just tell us a funny story or fact to end this long blog post to keep a positive imprint of your words on our brains
You know why it’s dangerous for birds to kiss? They might get cherpies.
The Bloggers I’ve Nominated for the Liebster Award
11 New Questions
If you were nominated, these questions are for you.
1. Tell me in three words what you would say if you could whisper to a billion people and they were actively listening?
2. If you were in command of a billion people and they had to follow your orders, what would be the first order you gave them?
3. What is your favorite dish to cook? If you don’t cook, what’s your favorite dish a friend makes for you?
4. What’s the recipe? I’m gonna try it.
5. What is your favorite all time song?
6. What would you be if you could be anything that you wanted to be?
7. In three words describe what writing/blogging means to you?
8. If you could do a road trip anywhere in the world what vehicle would you drive?
9. Who is humanities ultimate hero?
10. Tell me a mystery from your family history.
11. Write me a Haiku. Just kidding. No seriously. Write me one. Just kidding.
12. What is your one favorite word? Not concept. Word. Mine is Cucamonga. Doesn’t it feel like it gets all the cobwebs out of your mouth?